RPT Serves is an organized Republican Party of Texas initiative to care for people all over our great state. Republicans know our beliefs and values mean something in our everyday lives and are not just empty rhetoric. The impact of RPT Serves during Hurricane Harvey relief efforts were inspiring, but we wanted to make sure we continued finding ways to serve our communities.
Special thank you to First Lady Cecilia Abbott for supporting RPTServes Week and spreading awareness about our cause to put our principles in action!
Our Vice Chair Amy Clark led the efforts to put on an RPT Serves Week and encouraged RPT affiliates to list their projects so that Republicans in every area of Texas could take part.
Vice Chair Amy said, “I have always believed that as Republicans our charge is simple: we must be the salt and light. We must lead with conviction, and we must lead intentionally. After all, leading by example is the most powerful catalyst in winning over hearts and minds.
When we serve one another, we are practicing what we preach: that limited government and personal responsibility is the key to unlimited opportunity and freedom in our society.”
And our fellow Republicans definitely came through….
- In Floresville, serving at the Frank M. Tejeda Texas State Veterans Home,
- In El Paso, blessing the fire fighters and the Rescue Mission,
- In Corpus Christi, cleaning up the beach with the General Land Office’s Adopt-a-Beach Program,
- In Dallas, cleaning up for Earth X and helping at the North Texas Food Bank,
- In Eastland County, collecting items for the Open Door Pregnancy Resource Center, and
- In Houston, being “Recycling Ambassadors” for Earth Day Houston.
As of the date this was posted- we have more events taking place, and are scheduling more events in communities across Texas.
RPTServes is not only a weeklong initiative. It’s year-round, and it’s a mindset of continually serving our communities. If you would like to become part of RPT Serves efforts or lead an effort in your area, please sign up below, and we will reach out to you as soon as possible about setting up a volunteer effort in your area.
Oops! We could not locate your form.