The Accounting Department of the Republican Party of Texas is looking for part-time assistance with processing donations and accounts payable. Duties include database management so computer skills are a must and Microsoft Excel proficiency is strongly desired.
Duties include but are not limited to…
- Processing accounting mail
- Assisting with the creation and management of Purchase orders
- Inputting data
- Spreadsheet creation and imports
- Create purchase order from information provided by staff requesting a PO.
- Research correct fund to be used for payment.
- Create/setup new vendors in MAS90.
- Code each PO request to include Vendor number, fund and general ledger account.
- Review invoices received for correctness.
- Code each invoice to include Vendor number, fund and general ledger account.
- Create purchase order for each invoice using above information.
- Accounting Director must verify PO detail.
- Send PO with backup documentation to Executive Director for approval.
- Review vendor statements and research any discrepancies.
- File in Purchase Order file pending payment.
- Receive invoices against approved POs.
- Provide Accounting Director with an A/P Aged Invoice report.
- After checks are printed make sure that all checks are signed by two authorized signers.
- Make “yellow” copy of each signed check and attach to PO and invoice and place in Vendor Check file.
- Take checks to mail or as otherwise instructed.
- After Compliance Specialist has processed A/P checks, file vendor invoices in file cabinet. Make new Vendor file(s) if necessary.
- File MAS90 reports, cash receipts
- Provide copier machine readings to Knight Office Solutions.
- Reconcile all Strategic, Aristotle and CMDI contributions.
- Assisting with bank reconciliations.
- Assist Accounting Director and Compliance Specialist in completing FEC & TEC reports in a timely manner.
* Additional Duties:
- Maintain inventory and order accounting office supplies
- Maintain filing system and file all documents correctly
- Attend quarterly SREC meetings. Collect lunch monies, reconcile and deposit.
- Reconcile and deposit CRC contributions. Maintain CRC spreadsheet.
- Assist with yearend filing and transfer of files.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Become familiar with Vendors and contract agreements.
- Become familiar with FEC & TEC compliance regulations.
- Make sure the Accounting Office is secure at all times and locked if/when leaving office unattended.
* As Needed
- Maintain vendor information, correct addresses, contact information, W-9 information if needed.
- Respond to vendors and follow up on inquiries.
- Assist employees with questions.
- Maintain Petty Cash, make distributions and ensure receipts are received.
- Payroll processing as required.
- A/P Check run as required.
- General word processing.
- Relieve receptionist if required.
- Attend RPT events.
- Other duties as assigned.