The filing period for candidates requesting a place on the 2016 Republican primary ballot opens Saturday, November 14th and closes at 6:00 PM on Monday, December 14th.
2016 Official State Canvass
When to File
The Republican Party of Texas will be available the following dates and times to receive ballot applications for offices in mutli-county districts:
- Saturday – November 14th from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
- Monday– Friday during the filing period from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with the following exceptions:
- RPT will be closed at 3:00 PM on Wednesday, November 25th.
- The office will not be open at all on Thursday and Friday, November 26th and 27th, for the Thanksgiving holiday. We will not accept applications on these days.
- Monday – December 14th RPT will accept applications from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM.
Where & How to File
The Republican Party of Texas Headquarters moved; our address is:
PO Box 2206 Austin, TX 78768
211 E 7th Street, Suite 915 Austin, TX 78701
Candidates are not required to file in person but are welcome to do so. Anyone coming to file that first day will be asked to sign in with building security.
- Ballot Applications
- Qualifications, Filing Fees & Petitions
- Presidential Ballot Access Information
- The Texas State Republican Executive Committee approved the ballot application, filing fee and the petition signature page and requirements for candidates seeking the office of President of the United States. A candidate must complete the application and either pay the $5,000 filing fee OR submit 300 signatures of registered voters from each of a minimum of 15 congressional districts.
- GOP Data Center
- Ballot applications, qualifications for office, & filing fees are all listed on our website.
- Any applications received outside of that filing timeframe will be rejected.
- Please note that a postmark is insufficient in Texas law, the application and fee/petitions must be received by the office by the 6pm deadline.
- Texas law also outlines that you cannot file piecemeal so please make sure all items are submitted at the same time.
- We HIGHLY recommend paying the filing fee and doing so by either cashier’s check or money order to expedite the approval process.
- Make all filing fees payable to “Republican Party of Texas”
- All candidates who file will be posted on our website but the official list of names appearing on the ballot will be posted on the Texas Secretary of State’s website.
2016 Primary Candidates
- To view a list of 2016 Candidate Platform Reviews, click HERE.
- 2016 Primary Election Candidates in ballot order by County
- 2016 Party Office Candidates by County
- List of 2016 Primary Candidates – Filed w/ RPT