As I’m sure you’ve heard, registration for the RPT Convention in San Antonio is open! Here are a couple of items that can help you promote our Convention and help your delegates, alternates, and guests to register:
- Text of our initial email you can copy and paste to send to your people
- Link to our email that you can share
- Graphics to post on social media announcing it — sample text is: “Join us in San Antonio for the RPT Convention. Let’s keep Texas red!”
Here are answers to a some common registration issues:
What if our household only uses one email address?
Initially the registration sight required a unique email address for every registrant. After hearing from several folks that this might be an issue for households who use only one email account we disabled this feature. Moving forward registrants may use the same email address to register multiple people.
What if I would like to buy tickets for the Gala or NIOSITA and give them to people not registering for convention OR registrants who did not buy tickets themselves?
What if someone ONLY wishes to attend the NIOSITA or the Gala but does not wish to register for convention?
When registration opened anyone wishing to buy a ticket to any RPT event had to be registered for the convention. The intention was that this year there would be no need to print multiple tickets because the badge/credential each Delegate, Alternate or Guest has will have a barcode that indicates all the tickets or purchases associated with that Delegate, Alternate or Guest. Registrants who purchase tickets will have those tickets coded onto the barcode printed on their credential/badge. Their credential/badge will be scanned at these events. The credential/badge is the ticket.
People began asking us about being able to buy tickets for the RPT Gala and/or NIOSITA for a) people who weren’t registered for convention or b) registered convention goers who did not themselves buy tickets. In response to these requests we did two things:
1. There is a now a special registration option for people who would like to simply register/purchase a ticket for the gala or NIOSITA. They won’t have to register for the convention but will only be buying tickets to these events.
2. People registering for the convention may purchase additional tickets for the Gala or NIOSITA. If a registrant purchases additional tickets, they will receive paper tickets when they check-in at the convention center to get their credentials.
a. If a registrant purchases additional tickets, printed, physical tickets will be given to them when they check-in at the convention which they can then give to their guests
b. These paper, physical tickets may be given out and people presenting these paper tickets at the Gala or NIOSITA will be allowed to attend those events
If you or any of the delegates you have been in contact with have additional questions of any kind, have them call the party at (512) 477-9821.
I hope this helps you! Let us know if you’re seeing other common registration issues and we’ll fix the problems as quickly as we can!